Lim Jyue (lim_jyue@pacific.net.sg)
Fri, 01 Dec 2000 21:48:29 +0800

At 23:29 11/30/2000 -0800, Nathan Le wrote:
>i'm new to the list so please don't pick on me

        Hohoho. Another Minovsky particle post, right so soon after we
finished one. Mark, care to chip in? =)

>1 - how can Minovsky particles still exist and not
>annihilate each other as anti-particles should?

        Minovsky particles are not anti-particles. They are simply particles
with different electrical charges on them. As such, even if they meet each
other, they won't annihilate each other.

>what stopped them from colliding together in an i field?

        An I-field is a lattice structure, where positive and negative
Minovsky particles alternate in position. Thus, mutual repulsion will
prevent the Minovsky particles from colliding.

        This is of course assuming that there is sufficient particles to
form I-fields. A few particles on their own probably won't form a very
stable I-field, as they will attract each other but probably gets repel at
very small distances. Hence, these free particles won't actually meet, but
eventually dissipate their electrical charge.

>2 - How can Minovsky particles block radar signatures
>without hindering normal human eyesights?

        No no no. Minovsky particles block long wavelengths -- in terms of
wavelength, the chart goes like this:

        Short Long

        Gamma/X-ray/UV/Visible/IR/Radio waves.

        Hence, Minovsky particles block long wavelengths somewhat below
visible range, which means radio waves (which Radar depends on) is blocked
totally, whereas IR is somewhat blocked, but not totally.

        As for laser communications, it is my understanding that it is
actively used in areas of high Minovsky particles concentration, but as it's
a highly precise communications tool, it's use is limited.

>3 - The heavy Hydrogen-helium-3 fusion reaction is not
>enough energy to give that kind of output and create
>Minovsky particles at the same time. why does it seem
>probable?

        Eh? How did you arrive at this conclusion?

        Remember that Minovsky particles have no rest mass, so if you
calculate by mass alone it may not show up at all. The formula given at
Mark's site, the Gundam Project, is pretty well established, and I don't
think Mark will have made that kind of elementary error.

>4 - how does Minovsky Drive work? like ion drive in
>real life? why does one not try to use it as a cutting
>weapons while flying?

        Depends which Minovsky Drive you are refering to. Do you refer to
the Minovsky Craft, developed as early as OYW, or the Minovsky Drive, which
is developed only in V Gundam?

        V Gundam's Minovsky Drive is, according to Mark, similar to a
standard ion drive, and it has been used as a cutting weapon.

        If you are refering to the early Minovsky Craft system.. sigh, I'm
not really in the mood to repeat the entire posting, and the ML will
probably char-boil me with a beam saber if I do so. I suggest you look up
the recent thread regarding Minovsky Physics in the archives.