Graham Belmont (gbelmont@hotmail.com)
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 16:05:49 -0600

> >I would say the kits from Gundam Sentinel line are the worst I've ever
>seen
> >(Puke Green color!). They were made in 1987 and they aren't nearly as
>good
> >as the kits from CCA, which were made in 1988.
>
>I beg to differ. The Zeta Plus from the Sentinel line is Really good, and
>it's strangely very out of place with the crappy quality of all the other
>sentinel kits. Obviously, the Zeta Plus has no puke green, since it's
>molded in ALL gray (But that's the way it's supposed to look anyway) and
>it requires some gluing to make it a very sturdy model, as opposed to the
>other crappy Sentinel models.

Are the Sentenil kits really that bad? I've been considering picking up a
couple. The completed ones I've seen are really keen looking, and great show
pieces, especially the Ex-S.

On the other hand, I really can't stand the Zeta Plus. I still have one from
over a year ago that I still need to paint, but can't bring myself to do so
on account that I can't stand looking at it anymore. It's a shame, really. I
think a 1/100 HG re-tooling could really do the design justice where the
1/144 kit couldn't.

I think the worst kits are the Wing and X
>models, but even the X models will occasionally have a nice HG

I think they did a damn nice job on most of the X models. The only one I
think they screwed up on was the Double X. It's a damn fine looking Gundam
in the show, but something must have been lost in the TV-to-model
translation. The kit just looks, well, plain and dull.

-G