Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:12:27 -0800

Chris Maier asks,

>A question for those who've played the Playstation 2 game-is the G-3 Savior
>an Illuminati suit or an Earth Congress one?

  Illuminati. The Congressional forces are, as in earlier G-Saviour
stories, the bad guys.

> BTW does anybody have any theories why the Earth Federation changed so
>drastically between Victory Gundam and G-savior?

  The background articles published in Hobby Japan and elsewhere say that
the Federation finally collapsed in UC 0218 (which makes sense) and that
it was immediately replaced by a similar, Earth-dominated organization
(which doesn't - last we saw, the Earth was practically uninhabited!).
The Settlement Nations Congress has control over roughly half the Sides,
with the Illuminati resistance organization based in the independent
colonies of Side 4. Most of its engineers and pilots are Congressional
defectors, which given the five-year lifespan of the new world
government, suggests that it turned rotten pretty darned quickly.

  Thus far, the G-Saviour setup seems like a cheesy excuse to bring back
the Titans rather than really continuing the political & social evolution
Tomino laid out so carefully. Ah well. :-\

-- Mark