Graham Belmont (gbelmont@hotmail.com)
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 22:53:10 -0600

>From: Char Aznable <charaznable@excite.com>
>To: gundam@aeug.org
>Subject: Re: [gundam] 1/100 Turn-X -- was: Leaving
>Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:28:59 -0800 (PST)
>

>On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 04:08:10 -0600, gundam@aeug.org wrote:
>
> > True, but even the original Gundam wasn't very popular until after it's
> > first airing, and look at what it started.
>
>well, unlike before we have other mecha to distract us with right now.
>especially with all the MGs and PGs coming out, who'd notice the Turn A
>especially with its "unique" design.

I think that's one think, that if anything, will help it *get* noticed. I
know I give Turn-A a lot of grief, but to tell you the truth, I think the
baddies are some of the coolest looking out there.

> > Seriously? We're not talking about the LM-HG kit's or the PG Eva-01
>right?
> > MG Eva's? When did those come out?
>
>um, let me rephrase that to make it clear...
>I'm not surprised they came out with a PG Wing Zero Custom even though they
>don't have MGs in the Wing series. same thing happened to the Evangelion
>line, no MGs, but there is a PG Eva-01.

Ahhhh, ok. now I see what you're getting at. One thing I noticed tho', that
might explain this: when they released the PG Eva-01, the series was still
farily new to the US, and super-duper-mega-hyper-whatever popular. Would
there be a demand for MG Eva's? Sure, no doubt. But I don't think it would
be nearly as high as it would have been were they released, say, last year.
The PG Eva was one last quick attept to cash in on the series' popularity,
and from what I heard, they did damn well.

> > I wouldn't mind seeing some stuff from G-Unit or X myself. I'd also
>like
> > see a MG retooling of some of the classic kits like the Zugok (sp?),
>or,
> > geez, what was that one with the big round shield and the point on its
>head?
>
>I know a lot of people here like myself are asking for HGAC or HGAU line
>with the mass-produced mecha of GWing. I have the LM editions of Leo and
>Taurus, but of course there's still the Virgo, Virgo II, Cancer, Pieces,
>Aries, and a lot more. for MG, yeah, Gundam X would be nice, maybe they
>could MG the other 4 Endless Waltz Gundams, I wouldn't mind (coz I could
>afford those. I don't think I will be able to afford a PG D-Hell Custom,
>if
>ever)

Oh yeah, the EW Gundams are just begging for the MG treatment, and DHC is
just screaming PG ME!! But what the heck could they retool about it to make
a PG kit out of it?

-G