Wiseman (wiseman@inwind.it)
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:00:22 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "-Z-" <z@gundam.com>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2000 4:20 AM
Subject: RE: [gundam] Delaz's speech

Fleet. ...
> It's clear to everyone that the treaty that ended the Zeon Liberation War,
also
> known as the One Year War, is a lie! This is because that treaty was made
by
> the traitors calling themselves the Zeon Republic. The purpose of
(necessity
> for) that war hasn't changed in the slightest, as will be proven soon.
... --and
> of those who are about to enter the fires of Hell for the same cause. ...
> Against the righteous demand for autonomy that all Spacenoids desire, the
> Federation is trying to use its overwhelming military power (superiority)
> exterminate the liberation movement at its very root. This is a
self-evident
> truth. This I (from personal experience) know! ... Behold! This is our
> achievement (war trophy / prize)! This unit, a flagrant violation of the
> Antarctic Treaty, was developed (by the Federation) in secret. Who, upon
seeing
> this, can doubt the evil intent of the accursed (damnable) Federation? ...
If
> you'll recall what led to the Zeon Liberation War, you'll see that we
represent
> the spirit of Zeon Daikun. ... With the blood burning righteously in my
veins, I
> hereby declare anew our war with the Earth Federation. Lay aside the
tempting
> false whisper of peace and say it once more! For the glory of the
motherland
> (fatherland / homeland) that echoes in our hearts! Sieg Zeon!"
>
> -Z-

I still haven't seen the anime, but from my animecomic (the one from viz
comics) it sounds so:

"To the Earth Federation Forces as well as our comrades within yhe Zeon
Duchy... we are the Delars Fleet"

"It has become obvious that the peace treaty signed at the end of the Zeon
War for Indipendence-the so-called OYW- is nothing but a sham. How could it
be otherwise, when that same treaty was signed by those who only pretended
to represent Zeon Republic?"

"Though we have sometimes stumbled, we have never lost sight of our purpose.
We have never forgotten the reason for which we fight. Soon, this shall all
become clear. Day after day, I have seen the faces of those who have
perished in the fires of the battle. Day after day, I have dreamed,
believing in the indipendence of the spacenoids."

"It has become necessary for me to demonstrate to you the extreme lenghts to
which the Federation will go in order to prevent the spacenoids from
achieving their long-cherished indipendence."

"Behold! Observe for yourselves how well the Federation holds up it's end of
the so-called 'peace treaty'! This Gundam was developed for the sole purpose
of delivering a nuclear warhead. The mere existence of such a weapon of
terror, build in direct violation of the Antarctica Treaty, is proof
positive of the Federation's undeniably evil intent!"

"Remember! Why did the Zeon War for Indipendence begin? For what reason did
we fight in Zeon Zum Daikun's name? We have lain quiet for three years,
awaiting this moment. We are primed and ready, eager to make any sacrifice
for our cause!"

"With the hot blood of a new generation of soldiers rallying to the side of
our rightful cause, I hereby declare war on the Earth Federation! We shall
not be tempted by false pretenses of peace! I swear it on the honor of the
homeland which calls repeatedly to my soul...
SIEG ZEON!"

I noticed they talk about the Gundam, so it seems people know what is a
Gundam; it's not only a MS prototype known only by military personnel, but
it's something people talk about, sorta of stealth fighter of nowadays...

Wiseman