Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 13:51:28 -0800

>So we its confirmed that we're getting the Kampfer in January at the low low
>price of 4000 yen ...

You call that low? It better come with all the accessories the 1/144 had,
and then some... like figures of the Cyclops team!

>but after that, what's next? 0083 has been beaten to
>death as far as its every likely to be (Nieue Ziel and GP-03 ain't in our
>future :P),

Don't forget the Gelgoog Marine and the Gerbera Tetra. Heck, I'd expect
Bandai to roll out a MG GP04 before these two come out, since they love
MG Gundams so much.

>but 0080's barely been touched. My guess is we're going to see
>the 0080's GM's (Mmmmm .... Sniper!) along with the Zaku FZ next. Bandai
>loves mold recycles and they can certainly borrow all kinds of pieces to
>build these guys. The GM Ground is pretty much a foregone conclusion and
>we'll almost definately see that as an MG this year ... some different
>colored plastic, a few modified parts, a new head ... voila, the Gundam
>ground is now a GM ground.
>Those are the safe bets ... anyone care to hazard a guess what the next
>non-OVA MG will be?

MG G-Saviour?

>Following on the tail of the Nu and the Sazabi we might
>see the Geara Doga or the ReGZ this year, but even those are obvious
>choices. Hmmm ... MG Hyaku Shiki is another virtual certainty, it's too
>popular an MS to not be released.

Imagine how much more the gold plating will add to the kit's price.

>Once all of those are exhausted, odds are they'll start mining Z and ZZ for
>the less well known MS's, it seems.
>Anybody know how many MG's Bandai usually does in a year? I can think of at
>least 5 for 2000, but I'm sure there were more.

Not counting con-specials:

1995 - 3 new designs

RX-78-2 Classic Gundam
MS-06S Char's Zaku II
MS-06F/J grunt Zaku II

1996 - 2 new designs, 4 color recycles, 2 minor retools

MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam
RX-78-3 "G3" Gundam
RX-78-2 Crystal Version
MS-06S Crystal Version
MS-06F/J Crystal Version
MS-06R-1 Shin Matsunaga
MS-06R-2 Johnny Ridden
MS-14S Char's Gelgoog

1997 - 1 new design, 3 retoolings

MS-14B/C Gelgoog Johnny Ridden High Mobility Custom/Cannon
MS-14A Gelgoog
RX-78 GP01
RX-78 GP01Fb

1998 - 2 new designs, 3 color recycles

RX-78-2 Special Coating Version
MSZ-006 Special Coating Version
RX-78 GP02A
RX-178 Gundam Mk II Titans
RX-178 Gundam Mk II AEUG

1999 - 3 new designs, 2 color recycles, 7 retoolings

FXA-05D + RX178 Super Gundam
RGM-79 GM
RX-78 NT-1 Alex
RGM-79N GM Custom
RGM-79Q GM Quel
MS-05B Zaku I regular
MS-05B Zaku I Black Tri-Star custom
MS-09 Dom
MS-09R Rick Dom
MSZ-010 ZZ Gundam
MS-06S Special Coating Version
RX-78 GP01Fb Special Coating Version

2000 - 4 new designs, 1 color recycle, 3 retoolings

MS-06F/J Special Coating Version
FA-010S Full Armor ZZ Gundam
RX-79(G) Ground Gundam
MSN-04 Sazabi