Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 13:53:38 -0800

Hm... I see this Minovsky craft debate is still going on...

  Maybe I can clear a couple of points up. This system supposedly
supports the vehicle in question on an I-field "cushion" - the air
between the belly of the ship and the ground is filled with a dense I-
field lattice (something that's often diagrammed in Gundam reference
books). The I-field can't permeate conductive materials, so it pushes up
against the metal belly of the ship, and down against the water or ground
(ground in general being electrically conductive, which is why we have
lightning).

  So yes, an I-field does "push" against conductive materials. So, though
bullets and shells and mobile suits can pass through an I-field barrier,
they must encounter _some_ resistance in so doing - just as if they were
passing through a powerful air or water jet.

-- Mark