Zhou Tai An (kain@pacific.net.sg)
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 19:51:23 +0800 (SGT)

>actually, he wasn't (looks at old college notes).
>
>while he followed the style popular at the time, what was intersting was that
>he started incorporating archetypal stories as well as creating his own
variations
>on the prevailing rhythmic modes of speech. he started not exactly a new
genre.
> he started a whole new movement in theater and literature; sadly, he did not
>live long enough to see it flower.

A whole new movement counts as a turning point in my books...

>that much I will agree on. though for those with a bit more time, one can see
>a lot of mature themes in GW.

Yes, I don't really mind Wing myself. Still, it sacrifices a lot to appeal
to a larger audience.

>>>stuff is actually pretty intelligent, neh?
>>Sometimes.
>
>exactly!

We're agreeing again. ^_^

>well, it woke me up, then got me turned off. I guess I will agree with that

But you can't deny that it woke you up.

>on a technicality. ON the Other Hand, Studio Ghibli didn't bother to wake up,
>it's been doing killer stuff for years...

True, but Gainax and Ghibli are very different.

Zhou Tai An (kain@pacific.net.sg)