Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:14:54 GMT

>If I was able to classify everybody into those two reasons, then I'd be a
>genius.

you just did. genius?

But what I'm saying that is that one way or another, one of those
>two reasons will somehow be one of the reasons why people dislike popular
>things. You may not know it consciously, but instead subconsciously. You

>might not know totally yourself if you know it subconsciously or
>consciously...so you can't tell me that you definitely know either one of
>those reasons aren't any of the reasons to dislike it.

aha. psychological. very nice defense. if I hate it because it is so popular,
then why did I like it in the fist place? as I said, I don't mind the popularity
of it --after all, that is a function of good marketing, i.e. gundam, pokemon,
etc. The thing is, I want a well-told story...screw popularity.

However, as long as
>you can defend your opinion (if you want to call it defending) and convince

>me that Eva is bad for numerous reasons...then I will agree with you. But

>right now I don't find anything wrong with the series...at least none that

>I can remember.

<ahem>

i sense a little disturbance in the tone there. and I don't mean to convince
you. just airing out my side here.

<grins>

>Also, there are many who don't know what's really going on in the show, but

>just like/hate it because everybody else does.
>Kuren

ah, but then, they should be allowed their own voice too...it's a free world
out there, and that's how we find out who are idiots and who aren't. Welcome
to the new definition of freedom as bespoken by "me, too" people...LOL!

flashlight.

www.localvibe.com
ofc: (632) 4167486, DL (632)4485473 / fax: (632) 4167479
cel: 0917-4024780 / hse: (632) 7231308 (emergency use)
ICQ#: 12914919

I am NOT a starving writer.