Zhou Tai An (kain@pacific.net.sg)
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:58:55 +0800 (SGT)

>> Ummm, since we're talking about the game and it's balance, you have to
>care
>> about the stats. ^_^
>
> Not really - if the robot itself is good enough, you won't really care
>about the pilot's stat, other than the "magic" selection that pilot has.
>E.g. Nobody really care what stats Noriko has - Gunbuster can kick the enemy
>ass!

When I stats I also include mecha stats...Noriko isn't really a good
example, as she has very high Kakutou and has Miracle, besides - she's a
damn good pilot.

>> Yes, and that's why his mental state is Normal instead of Weak like
>> Shinji's. Though Shinji grows up a lot in the game...
>
> And almost all Super Robot pilots have really strong or strong mental
>state...

Yup.

> Overall, they are trying very hard to make Gundams and Aura Battlers
>weaker and other Super Robots stronger, because there are a lot of people
>out there who can just use Gundams or Aura Battlers to beat the game (I
>remember using just Aura Battlers to beat 4SRW, along with Amuro). In SRWA,
>my friend only upgrade the top 4 Gundam pilots and he beat the game without
>too much trouble...

SRWA is too easy in the first place. Unless you're playing for points (and
therefore also get the hardest ending) it really doesn't require that much
skill to win.

>> Edmund, help me out here! ^_^ Although seeing as he doesn't really like
>EVA
>> I shouldn't be asking for help...
>
> Trust me - EVA is really stretch the "creditability" of SRW series
>because AT field and the weapons it has has gotten too powerful - most
>beginners and just use them and probably survive pretty long in the game.
>They try to do something in SRWA, but I feel they can do more...

Hey, I never said I was happy with it either. ^_^ I feel they did balance it
out by making EVAs superseded by other pilots in the long run, though...and
besides, think about it - the AT Field is supposed to be utterly
impenetrable, so a 4000 damage limit is quite good, I think.

>> Ummm, zero? It couldn't hit them. ^_^
>
> Depending on whether you use 100% hit ^_^

True. ^_^

>> If you use Hot Blood and your morale is high enough, yes. If not, the AT
>> Field will stop it.
>
> Or if you have Dancougar, just have high enough morale can probably get
>through AT Field...

Because of Yaseika, I know.

>> Gunbuster is only one size larger than EVA.
>
> And it's probably not as big as Ideon...

Yeah, Ideon should be LLL size...

>> I'm not saying I'm not passionate about EVA, I'm saying I'm not a wild
>> fanboy who ignored people's opinions and argues without evidence. I'm sure
>> that at least you can agree with. ^_^
>
> I am sure Mr Zhou and I can think of somebody that's hard to "convince",
>right ^_^

It seems that everyone here on the ML has rock-solid opinions, actually...

>> Maybe...
>
> Actually, V's story is better than ZZ Gundam overall, after you get used
>to the "cheesiness" of the beginning episodes of V...

Hmmm...maybe I shall watch it after finishing my current batch of anime.

Zhou Tai An (kain@pacific.net.sg)