Edmund Chiu (edf91@worldnet.att.net)
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 22:42:23 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Zhou Tai An" <kain@pacific.net.sg>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2000 10:16 PM
Subject: Re: [gundam] EVA Argument

> Ummm, since we're talking about the game and it's balance, you have to
care
> about the stats. ^_^

    Not really - if the robot itself is good enough, you won't really care
about the pilot's stat, other than the "magic" selection that pilot has.
E.g. Nobody really care what stats Noriko has - Gunbuster can kick the enemy
ass!

> Yes, and that's why his mental state is Normal instead of Weak like
> Shinji's. Though Shinji grows up a lot in the game...

    And almost all Super Robot pilots have really strong or strong mental
state...

> Moot point, because Shinji can only pilot one mech in the game...

    And he's not even available all the time...

> Well, before you bash the game, do consider the immense amount of series's
> whose power they needed to balance...I think they did a pretty good job of
> creating a playable game. Of course, I have problems with it as well, but
> think on the whole it was done quite well.

    Overall, they are trying very hard to make Gundams and Aura Battlers
weaker and other Super Robots stronger, because there are a lot of people
out there who can just use Gundams or Aura Battlers to beat the game (I
remember using just Aura Battlers to beat 4SRW, along with Amuro). In SRWA,
my friend only upgrade the top 4 Gundam pilots and he beat the game without
too much trouble...

> Edmund, help me out here! ^_^ Although seeing as he doesn't really like
EVA
> I shouldn't be asking for help...

    Trust me - EVA is really stretch the "creditability" of SRW series
because AT field and the weapons it has has gotten too powerful - most
beginners and just use them and probably survive pretty long in the game.
They try to do something in SRWA, but I feel they can do more...

> >come close to a hopping mad Super robot. Just think about how many
gundams
> >mazinger Z would take down. and yes, if his chest beam hits an Eva, it
will

> Ummm, zero? It couldn't hit them. ^_^

    Depending on whether you use 100% hit ^_^

> If you use Hot Blood and your morale is high enough, yes. If not, the AT
> Field will stop it.

    Or if you have Dancougar, just have high enough morale can probably get
through AT Field...

> >his eye beams...and mazinger Z is a WEAK Super Robot. imagine if it was
> gunbuster
> >or Danguard Ace?? no need to use weapons, just stomp.
>
> Gunbuster is only one size larger than EVA.

    And it's probably not as big as Ideon...

> I'm not saying I'm not passionate about EVA, I'm saying I'm not a wild
> fanboy who ignored people's opinions and argues without evidence. I'm sure
> that at least you can agree with. ^_^

    I am sure Mr Zhou and I can think of somebody that's hard to "convince",
right ^_^

> >hmmmm. V is not good in terms of animation, but it assuredly gets better
by
> >the second half. ZZ is much the same. Tomino seems to have this thing
about
> >things getting better in the second half.....
>
> Maybe...

    Actually, V's story is better than ZZ Gundam overall, after you get used
to the "cheesiness" of the beginning episodes of V...