Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 05:52:52 GMT

>That's because katoki was in it and did the best he could to make the sucky

>suit concepts into something good. I'd never thought I'd say this, but
>katoki failed. I don't blame him. I cannot see it possible to make something

>good out of those abominations. Making fun of other countries is not
>enjoyable unless you're a racist. I choose not to enjoy G-Gundam because it

>is silly, cruel, racist, mean, and pointless. I'm a stubborn guy. But I
>stand up for my beliefs.
>Bye.
>-Jammo

uh, not to be trolling here, but what do you know about other countries? I mean,
GML itself is from all over, and this is one of the few times that racism has
come up with G-gundam. Admittedly, they used stereotypes, but then, in the
setting of the show, it made sense. IT is meant to be exaggerated.

hey, I'm about to make a Filipino Gundam on 1/144 scale, and I will use what
I said before as a template; I am still figuring out the yo-yo bit.

I think that it isn't that it is racist, but that there was no time to make
it better researched, so they did the best they could under the circumstances.
 If you see racism wherever you go, then all anime with foreigners and japanese
characters in it would be racist, since if you notice that in sentai shows,
the cowboy american is always the SECOND in command, and who always has to be
against the japanese guy, and that sooner or later they will have to hash out
their differences in a fight, where the Japanese guy will win or at least claim
moral superiority, wherein the american-type will just grit his teeth and grudgingly
erespect the japanese leader.

Or how about Gunda UC, where there are german wwII costumes all ocver the place?
 or how about....eeek. I can go on and on and on...BUT!

well, we're not talking that animators are sociologists. they're people who
have to meet a deadline, and they have toi make sure a gundam is identifiably
from some place...so...there you have it. G-gundam designs.

I understand your racial sensitivity, but I am trying to point out that if you
do look at anime in general with that thinking, then a good portion of it will
not be accessible to you simply because of that refusal to accept that hey,
we're not all sociologists and politically correct people here.

sorry if this sounds like trolling, but I just had to get that off my chest.

flashlight.

www.localvibe.com
ofc: (632) 4167486, DL (632)4485473 / fax: (632) 4167479
cel: 0917-4024780 / hse: (632) 7231308 (emergency use)
ICQ#: 12914919

I am NOT a starving writer.