Mon, 20 Nov 2000 20:53:08 -0800

--

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000 12:02:15 Anthony Capati wrote: > >James wrote: > >> > >I'll tell you why I think it sucks >> > >I'm not gonna be all pissy rippin yer head off or anything, but it is >> cruel >> > >to some countries. >> > >I live in canada and I dunno...that's just steriotypical... >> > >Like..The butler...that's really mean. >> > >And the nobel gundam looks like sailor moon. >> > >Okay... >> > >I wish I could like it, but... >> > >nope... >> > >Bye.. >> > >-A bowl of Jam a day keeps the boogyman away. >> > > >> > >> > God point, but try placing yourself in the design teams' place. You have >> how >> > many different countries to represent

You guys don't nderstand do you? Its not about country representation at all. This is Fantasy boys and girls, a flight of fancy. Their representations may well be just the first thing they thought of when they think of a country and that don't make any difference. I've already lost the battle debating on the legitimacy of alt gundams and G-Gundam should be treated no less. G-Gundam is a Fantasy dressed up with Gundam costumes. TO some this may sound strange, but most of the true inner conflict and emotion represented in Tomino's older Gundams is well preserved in this series, even better than those so-called "real robot" Alt. Gundams. And unlike those other, pardon my fury, "Gundam rip-offs", G-Gundam is a stand-alone work of art. Its enjoyable, emotional and intriguing. Of all the Gundams I've seen (and i've seen a lot) G-Gundam has the most exciting ending (in case you haven't seen it). This is what anime should be like, and I'm damn proud to have witnessed it. And better for the Gundam franchise to have such a beautiful show among its ranks.

Abet