Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 02:19:10 GMT

>Sure these are just my opinions, but I think deep down in all of us on this

>GML...if you hate something popular, you probably hate it due to either one

>of those reasons up above, or either one of those two reasons participates

>in your reasoning if not your main reason.
>Kuren

nah.

i just hate stuff if the story isn't done right. i haven't watched pokemon
due to my job sked. if anyone is willing to lend me tapes of it, sure! the
thing is, I studied pop culture as part of my courses in lit...so popularity
is actually very intriguing to me. Eva, for example, was no surprise in popularity.
 Why? because it allowed depressed kids to have a figure to identify with...just
like kids a few decades ago had amuro rey! the way a cartoon gets famous is
if it has either characters one can identify with, or characters one can laugh
at. Both, preferrably. Me, I just look at story and see how it was pulled
off. popularity is already marketing for the show, so I don't mind that. heck,
gundam is getting flames for precisely the resons above...and any halfway decent
popular show will get it.

<grins>

But to say that everybody here has the popularity envy thing? LOL! Nah. not
if you know what it's about.

flashlight.

www.localvibe.com
ofc: (632) 4167486, DL (632)4485473 / fax: (632) 4167479
cel: 0917-4024780 / hse: (632) 7231308 (emergency use)
ICQ#: 12914919

I am NOT a starving writer.