Sat, 18 Nov 2000 21:22:49 +1100

A few days ago, someone mentioned the alleged "Super Napalm" Gundam in-joke
in Nadesico. I've been rewatching Nadesico recently, and want to make a
list of the Gundam references there. If anyone can think of any I haven's
mentioned, let me know.

- The opening sequence of the CHULIP falling on Mars in episode 1 is a
parody of 0079's colony drop sequence

- The aforementioned "super napalm"

- Yurika fantasising about Akito telling her "omae o korosu" (ep 2)

- Hikaru describing the takenn-over Aestivalis in ep.4 as a "Devil
Aestivalis" (reference to Devil Gundam?)

- Ep 13: Yurika dressed up in an Aestivalis costume (MS Girls parody? Of
course, Akitaka, who created the MS Girls, did Nadesico's mecha designs)

- Ep 17: The Aestiva-X sure looks like a Gundam X parody design

- Ep 18: Peaceland = Sank Kingdom?

[MAJOR SPOILERS ahead for episode 24]

Ep. 24: Shiratori's funeral is a parody of Garma's funeral

Gekiganger OAV: The Kung-fu mecha looks a lot like Master Asia

Movie: Akito's mecha (Black Sarena) reminds me of Epyon
Andrew Dynon

Things We Learn From Anime: A PO'd Tennyo on a murderous
search for vengeance is more attractive than an irritable
Japanese high school girl.
(Ayashi no Ceres episode 4)

"We Suzaku Seishi aren't smart enough to give up!"
- Tasuki, Fushigi Yuugi