Chaos025@aol.com
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:59:57 EST

In a message dated 11/15/00 6:03:10 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
kain@pacific.net.sg writes:

> Hmmm. I suppose. Well, then perhaps you won't
> mind quoting the pertinent Turn A data? I don't
> really want to read up on this series 'cause I have
> no real liking for it...

Sorry, I don't have the time nor the desire if you don't either.

> Let's get a bit more specific here - give me examples
> of these Launchers and Bazookas? ^_^

As seen at <<A HREF="http://www.gundamproject.com/world/beamweapon.html"><Gundam Project: Beam Weapons</A> :

"The beam launcher, or beam bazooka, is another application of this
speed-control technology. This bazooka-like weapon, powered by an ordinary
E-pack rather than by the mobile suit's reactor, fires slow-moving mega
particles for increased damage. It's introduced simultaneously as an optional
weapon for the F90III-Y Cluster Gundam, F91 Gundam and XM-07 Vigna Ghina, and
later becomes a fairly common weapon. At the same time, the RX-99 Neo Gundam
and its Generative Beam Rifle Device, or G-BRD, are introduced. This
VSBR-like weapon is powered by its own built-in reactor and includes
supplemental thrusters, enabling it to serve as a booster for the Neo
Gundam's core fighter. The mega beam rifle used by the LM312V04 V Gundam and
LM314V21 V2 Gundam, and the mega beam cannon wielded by the ZMT-S29 Zanneck,
are later applications of the VSBR's mega particle acceleration technology.
The Zanneck's cannon, capable of firing on ground targets from the
stratosphere, is likely the most powerful weapon ever wielded by a mobile
suit. "

> Sorry, it was late...yes, they are I-Fields but with
> very short operating times.

But the were I-fields, nonetheless.

> This hasn't been confirmed yet -- whether there are
> actually "strong" and "weak" I-Fields.

So, the Minovsky posts done answer everything, nor do they answer what they
do correctly. But the theories are great, and the discussions are sound.

> As someone has said, beam rifles don't have
> their own generators...

Too many examples of beam rifles with generator to support that claim.

> Perhaps in UC 200 it would be feasible -- by which
> time I daresay the VSBR would have become
> standard issue and offensive technology would
> render the shield useless.

Well, since I-fields are immune to beam weapons, then how would the shield
even get hit?

SJ

EXO Mechanical Editor & Mecha Designer
http://www.exo-armor.com