Lim Jyue (lim_jyue@pacific.net.sg)
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 05:38:24 +0800

At 11:04 11/10/2000 EST, Chaos025@aol.com wrote:
>Railguns would be the simplest, massdrivers would be the most complex, while
>coilguns would be somewhere inbetween.

        Hmm. Was a bit confused about the three types. I was thinking
somewhat of small massdrivers (small EMs along the tube to accelerate the
round sequentially) rather than coilgun or railgun.

        Railguns are probably best suited for MA -- smaller energy
requirement, simplicity in design, though coilguns are also suitable,
although the magnetic field of the coil might be problematic.