Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
10 Nov 2000 05:16:21 -0000

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000 20:40:28 -0800 -Z- <z@gundam.com> wrote:
>> Just for fun,i tried Probe's real name and got,quote.
>>
>> "Gundam Alligator"
>>
>> Strange eh?
>> http://www.buzzsite.com/goodies/MGSnamegen/
>>
>> Try it out for yourself guys.
>
>I normally use three names, not just two, but my first and last name yielded
>Fortuitous Rhinoceros.
>
>"Mark Simmons" returned Anonymous Gazelle.
>
>"Jim Lyue" resulted in Humongous Sea-Lion.
>
>"Sunwook Kim" came back as Cranky Hare.
>
>"Woojin Lee" was parsed as Bulemic Alligator.
>
>"Throckmorton Peckerwood" (not a real person) became Blowgun Poodle.
>
>I thought I saw the pattern here -- <adjective><animal> -- but "Gundam" and
>"Blowgun" aren't adjectives.
>
>Whatever algorithm they're using, it isn't random; the same codename is returned
>each time.
>
>-Z-

Hmm...when using my name, I got...Katana Flamingo.

Oh yeah, might have a new nickname there....nah.

Tried a few friends' names and got things like Judo Flamingo, Lovable Grasshopper (oh, my friend is going to love that when I tell him...), Lancer Caribou, Cranky Man-O-War (a match there), Intoxicating Koala, Bandit Millipede, Judo Bumblebee, Meticulous Eel, and Maniac Eagle (another match).

Roland