Lim Jyue (lim_jyue@pacific.net.sg)
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 02:42:36 +0800

At 22:54 11/08/2000 +0800, James II L Ravelo wrote:
>anyway, I got a few thoughts on railguns too:
>1. didn't railguns (the ones in BattleTech anyway) damage a target by
kinetic energy, and it also destroys/melts armor? I'll go find a book with
an example tomorrow, as I'm about to go to sleep

        AFAIK, every instance of a Gauss Rifle damaging a target resulted in
shattered armour, not melted armour.. but the Gauss slug "only" goes out at
about Mach 2. =)

>I got more...when I get rested - registration at my university's always tiring.

        I sympathize. My university registration is also a royal pain.