Scott Alexander Frantz (hikrill@earthlink.net)
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 20:50:23 -0500

  No, of course you're welcome to your opinion. And if all you want to do
is vent, no problem. But this isn't an effective way to persuade people.
If I start off a conversation with "You're an idiot, do this instead,"
it's highly unlikely that I'm going to win the argument.

Yes, I can see your point. But it is frustrating to listen to individuals
who slam on the UC series without having ever seen it. And thinking the Wing
series is the best thing since sliced bread. The emotional impact in the UC
series has never even been in GW. Trying to explain this and being told
that it was only to be judged on the Animation quality not what the story
content was going to be. I went off the deep end at that point.

I mean look at what happened to Yamato here in the US. The series on US TV,
albeit somewhat edited, was what got most of us older anime fans hooked. And
in my opinion Yamato is still the best Anime series Ever done. But in the US
it is judged by animation quality not the story. Why is Starblazers not on
the air???

I do not want this happening to the Gundam series. GW did good in the
ratings, here in the US, for Bandai. I hope that some of these GW fans can
get past the Animation.

Actually I have just watched the first 6 episodes of the original series
again and the animation is still great.

Scott Alexander Frantz
hikrill@earthlink.net
Hikrill@nettaxi.com