Chris Maier (oom9@crosswinds.net)
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 17:16:37 -0500

I don't really see Wing as a sentai show, honestly. The five Gundams for
the most part act independently; they don't group together until the final
episodes.
 Wing actually has been doing as far as non-anime audiences are concerned.
One fairly prominent movie critic who disliked anime admitted Wing was
slightly better animation-wise than most animes he had seen and he found the
story quite enjoyable.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org [mailto:owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org]On
Behalf Of Dom Tetreault
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 4:58 PM
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: Re: [gundam] GRRRRR

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Fields <johnny_raiden@hotmail.com>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 4:43 PM

> that is invunerable to the weapons of the enemy... Rebels don't
> scream "its an A.. abrams... BOOM" and yeah if we don't care

*sniggers as the hilight-reels of his imagination play before his eyes*

> nemesis all their own. Why we hate Kou (those that do) is that he
> never beat Gato, Amuro beats Char, Shiro beats Norris, but Kou
> never, ever gets one final "I kicked Gato's ass" moment in the OVA

Kou can say 'I'm alive!' though.

> LAUNCH - KILL LEO - POSE - SAY SOMETHING - KILL
> LIBRA - FIGHT ZECHS - POSE - SAY SOMETHING - KILL
> MORE LEOs - GO HOME TO SECRET BASE.

Why does Wing remind me of some weird Gundam-tinged Voltron? No, never mind,
nobody answer that.

> I'm not trolling here, but Vietnam was a police action last time I knew..

Semantics. *shrug* It's kinda like calling the Canadian armed forces an
'army', only with Nam the relationship is the other way around. =)

- dom