Chris Maier (oom9@crosswinds.net)
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 14:46:23 -0500

I know how you feel. Granted, I enjoy Gundam Wing, but I don't put it on a
pedestal above Universal Century, or even the other alternate
universes(Which are more fun, in my opinion).
Here's a Wing fan's attack on the original:

"Gundam Wing all the way.

It is the Wing characters that I have learned about and the Wing history
that I have studied.

Once they bring the original to the U.S. it will not only see VERY outdated,
but it will require me to learn the history of a new universe. Besides, that
Ray dude looks like one of those self-help people. He seems more like he
should be leading a class on group hugs then piloting a killer robot.

Besides, I like the flashy coolness of Gundam Wing.
Gundam Wing:Tne Next Generation"

Oyyyy....

Anyway, I figure if they dislike the original, they might like the OAVs
since they certainly look better than Wing. But I do have hope....I know a
lot of people at a Gundam message board who have been 'converted' to
Universal Century and now hate Wing.