Wed, 01 Nov 2000 06:26:00 +1100

Hopefully, this will settle the debate about how well they'd do in UC
(Yeah, I wish!)

Characters taking the test: Heero, Duo, Trowa, Quatre, Wu Fei, Zechs,
Noin, Treize.

>Well, after a few nights of work, I present to you all the Gundam Death
>Calculation Chart. What it does is calculate the relative percentage chance
>of a Gundam character dying...it's intended to be semi-humorous, but what's
>strange is that is DOES WORK! Don't believe me? Try it for yourself. ^_^
>(And appreciate it - I joined this ML mainly to post the damn thing. ^_^
>
>Here we go, then :
>
>(All characters start with a basic zero percent chance to die.)
>
>---
>
>Factors contributing to Death :
>
>Saying "Hayai!" ("Fast") in a fight = 5%
>Telling a loved one that they will do something together once the battle is
>over = 20%
>Going to battle in a Zaku = 10%
>Going to battle in a Jim = 10%
>Going to battle in a Leo or Aries = 10%

Zechs, Noin, Heero, Duo: 10%

>Going up against a Gundam = 10%

Zechs, Noin, Heero, Duo: 20%
Others: 10%

>Going up against an ace pilot (if you are not an ace pilot or main character
>yourself) = 15%
>Opponent is a Newtype = 15%
>You are lower in rank than a Ensign = 10%

Don't think the G-boys have rank.
Heero, Duo: 30%
Trowa, Quatre, Wu Fei: 20%

>Saying "Gu...Gundam!" = 10%
>If you are in Enhanced Human = 20%
>Fall in love with the enemy = 10%
>Using an outdated mecha = 10%
>Betray your side = 15%

Oooh... let's see:
Heero and Duo definitely BETRAYED Quinze - I'm not sure the others had any
allegiance to him in the first place.
Trowa APPEARED to betray the other Gundam pilots, but didn't really.
Wu Fei, of course, joined Mariemeia.
Zechs betrayed Sank Kingdom in a way.
Noin Betrayed OZ.

So,
Heero, Duo: 45%
Wu Fei, Zechs, Noin: 35%

>You are the last remaining defender of a location = 15%
>Taking part in a colony drop = 10%

or Space Fortress drop
Zechs 45%

>Do what your commander tells you not to = 10%

Fathers count.
Quatre: 30%

>If you are female and are protecting someone = 20%

I think Noin counts (Protecting Queen Relena)
Noin: 55%

>Try to violate the Antartic Treaty = 15%
>Tell your men to leave ahead of him/her = 20%

Noin: 75%

>Pilot Psycho Gundam = 15%
>Be a lousy pilot = 10%
>Begins to think that he is getting too old = 10%
>Are a Jion ace = 20%
>Have a loved one waiting for your return = 5%
>Disregard wounds to go into battle = 10%

Heero: 55%

>Hold a hostage = 10%
>Say that you will gladly lay down your life for someone = 10%
>Have very loyal subordinates = 10%

Noin: 85%
Zechs: 55%
Treize: 20%

>Be a loyal subordinate = 10%

Heero: 65%

>Swear not to retreat and do not retreat = 10%
>Be a Zabi = 20%
>Member of Delaz Fleet = 20%
>Member of OZ = 15%

Noin: 100%
Zechs: 70%
Treize: 35%

>Pilot an extremely large mech = 10%

Totals:
Noin 100%
Zechs 70%
Heero 65%
Duo 45%
Wu Fei 35%
Treize 35%
Trowa 30%
Quatre 30%

>Factors preventing Death :
>
>Are an ace = 20%

All: 20%

>Are a main character (only counts for people that have lots of involvement
>with the plot) = 15%

All except Noin: 35%

>Below the age of 14 = 30%
>Lead an army = 20%

Treize, Zechs: 55%

>Are in a prototype mecha = 20%

Treize, Zechs: 75%
G-Boys: 55%

>Have a name = 10%

Treize, Zechs: 85%
G-Boys: 65%
Noin: 25%

>Wear a mask = 20%

Zechs: 105%

>Jump into a mecha without permission = 20%
>Go into battle without wearing a normal suit = 20%

Zechs: 125%
Treize: 105%
G-Boys: 85%

>Are a hostage = 10%
>Throw away your weapon in favor of a beam saber in combat = 10%

Zechs: 135%
Treize: 115%
Heero: 95%

>Protect kids = 10%
>Appear in more than one Gundam series = 10%

Does EW count?
Zechs: 145%
Heero: 105%
Duo, Trowa, Quatre, Wu Fei: 95%
Noin: 35%

>Fall unconscious = 10%

Heero: 115%
Duo, Trowa, Wu Fei: 105%

>Have low self-confidence = 10%
>Are a Newtype = 10%
>Are a powerful Newtype = 20%
>Do not know why you fight = 10%
>Use unorthodox tactics in combat = 15%

Heero: 130%
Duo: 120%

>Member of 8th MS Team = 40%
>White Base crew = 20%
>Are a Gundam pilot = 15%

Zechs: 160%
Heero: 145%
Duo: 135%
Trowa, Wu Fei: 120%
Quatre: 110%

>Are experienced in Gundam mechanics = 5%

Heero: 150%
Duo: 140%
Treize: 120%

>Have a mecha that moves damn fast = 10%

Zechs: 170%
Heero: 160%
Duo: 150%

>Have a Japanese name = 10%
>Member of Blue Destiny team = 15%
>Have ambiguous/negative relationship with father = 10%

Quatre: 115%

TOTALS:
Character Die% Live%
Heero 65 160
Duo 45 150
Trowa 30 120
Quatre 30 115
Wu Fei 35 120
Zechs 70 170
Noin 100 35
Treize 35 120

Major discrepancies there for Noin and Treize.
Andrew Dynon

Things We Learn From Anime: A PO'd Tennyo on a murderous
search for vengeance is more attractive than an irritable
Japanese high school girl.
(Ayashi no Ceres episode 4)

"We Suzaku Seishi aren't smart enough to give up!"
- Tasuki, Fushigi Yuugi