Ricky Lai (x-lai@uchicago.edu)
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 15:56:46 -0600

While the numbers don't look too realistic, Axis does seem to be fitted with a
set of exceptional engines. Recall how it attained speed within such a short
time in CCA, such that the Neo-Zeon forces could set it to a desired course.

Moreover, the Zeon remnant fleet might not have taken the fastest route to
Axis. Consider the time it took Axis' Advance Fleet to reach the Earth Circle
in Stardust Memory: I believe it is less than 18 months. The remnant fleet
might have taken more time to "take breaths," as it is afterall a remnant
fleet, which means it might have been laden with damaged vessels and whatnot.

As for deceleration, I wonder if Axis has reverse engines or other devices for
such purpose. Perhaps there was no need for deceleration in the anime anyway
-- Hamaan might have just changed Axis' course a little bit and then ram it
into the former A Bao A Qu. Afterwards, with perhaps some change of course
again, Hamaan conveniently directs the asteroid base to Granada. That way the
Axis force gets to save some major fuel... Maybe that's why they have enough
resources to churn out all those cool mecha...