Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:29:15 -0800

Edmund Chiu writes,

>> I thought all MS other than Hi-Nu abandon their bits, funnels (not incoms)
>>after use, how do the recharging business come in?
>
> It's like the first generation beam rifle in the original Gundam - it
>can be recharge, but nobody is willing to grab it for recharge later at
>bases...

  Still, the possibility is there. Whereas a genuine "bit" (a la the
Elmeth) has its own power supply, a funnel stores its beam energy in an
E-cap and has to return to its host every few shots to recharge and refuel.

  The Hi-Nu is an interesting case. Technically, the Nu Gundam's fin
funnels should be considered bits, since they have their own internal
generator. They're also stored externally to the mobile suit, making it
hard to refuel them. The Hi-Nu's fin-funnel racks give the same ability
to resupply its remote weapons that the Qubeley, Geymarck, Sazabi, et al
have with their funnel containers. (Hm... since the Jagd Doga stores its
funnels externally, I wonder whether they can be recharged and refueled?)

-- Mark