Ricky Lai (x-lai@uchicago.edu)
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 15:25:57 -0600

Newtypes are, of course, not totally invincible. In fact, just take most of
the so-called NT pilots in the ZZ series. How can it be true that Puru (and
all her clones) even survive on the battlefield if not were the storyline?
They have absolutely no piloting skills whatsoever!

Since we are on the subject, let's not forget the novelty of "beam barriers"
generated by NTs and Enhanced Humans (most notably from the ZZ series). If
pilots can negate beam shots, which are physical objects, then -- logically
speaking -- shouldn't an extremely powerful NT or EH have the ability to
destroy MSs solely with their psychic powers? By saying that NTs can negate
material such as beam shots, isn't Tomino -- or whoever is responsible for this
impossibility -- implying that they could also vaporize other material objects
such as Gundarium?

Basically, the scope of NT, and EH to a certain extent, is not very well
thought out, at least not in terms of the physical manifestations of their
psychic powers. Perhaps the producers should just stick to heighted empathy,
superior perception, and telepathy.