James Boren (jboren@earthlink.net)
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 02:45:10 -0800

Okay, who would you like to see be involved in the next Gundam project?

Here are some of my picks.

Director:
Shoji Kawamori- After Macross Plus and Escaflowne, skip the mecha
designs and give this man a gundam series to direct.

Runner ups:
Katsuhiro Otomo- Big-time, pull-out-all-the-stops anime
movie.(Didn't he do a five-minute film for the 20th aniversery of
Gundam?)
Tomino- Sure, why not? He may not give the fans what they want--but
always gives you something worthwhile.

Character Design:
Range Murata- This guy did the charas for Blue sub no.6 and think his
style would fit gundam well.

Runner up:
Toshihiro Kawamoto- 0083, 08th MS team, Cowboy bebop, hey the man is good.

Mecha Design:
I can't seem to dig up his name right now but that guy who designed
the Cannon Ifurite and the Will Game for Turn-A. I like his stuff.
Give him head design chores for the next one.

Runner up:
Kazuhisa Kondo- his retcons in the OYW comics have been great. I
think he's grown from his early comic days.

Music:
Yoko Kanno- She can do anything

runner up:
Masamichi Amano- He did the full-bore orchestrations of the Giant Robo OVAs.

What do you guys think?

-James