Chungus (dchunghk@netvigator.com)
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 01:23:34 +0800

What I was trying to say is that the SPs are built for Snipping, not replacing
older GMs or in fact the GSs themselves while the GSs are meant to replace older
GMs. I didn't say or meant to say the GSs are going to replace the SPs......
sorry for the confusion.

I thought it might be unfair towards some types of GM who will not need 100% fuel
for a particular type of mission etc. Of course, there are no better
alternatives that I can offer. IMO, the base weight might mean more when you
compare across GMs. We are not trying to find out durability, fighting ability,
cost-effectiveness etc. but purely on speed, so why not base weight?

Same backpack doesn't mean same thrust, I agree. Should it be higher simply due
to technology advancement since 0079? I do expect Nemos to have a higher thrust
but both SPs and Powered GMs are not mass-produced (one-off costs) while the
Nemos are. This might explain the lower thrust of Nemos. The Cs thrust are less
than both Ds and Rs, that's where I drew my conclusion.

Anyway, just want to know what is your favourite GM (not nemo, jegan etc.)
That's what I think:
1, RGM-79D
2, BD-1
3, SP
4, RGC-80 (brown coloured)
5, Powered GM

--
"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur.  L'essential est invisible pour les yeux."
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry