jose luis manalansan 4 (nerv@teammail.com)
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 08:34:03 +0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Dynon <ajdynon@students.latrobe.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 06:48:43 +1000
Subject: [gundam] False Rumors, and Proposals that never made it

> Support TEAMMAIL. Be a Panelist in our Surveys. Email to
> TEAMWORK@teammail.com
>
> Just wondering if anyone knows what false rumors there had been about
> the
> various Gundam series before they were released, or proposals that
> never
> made it. Here's the ones I know of:
>
> - Tomino wanted the RX-78 to be all white, but was vetoed by the
> sponsoring
> toy company.

The only almost-all white gundam I'm aware that was introduced was
VGundam and that was IIRC almost a century since the original RX-78 was
released.

> - Carl Macek wanted to have _Gundam_ as part of _Robotech_

Gundam with protoculture anyone?

> - There was to be a Wing sequel series called Gundam Double Wing (may
> have
> become Endless Waltz)

IMO i'ts either Wing Gundam look very awkward by adding another set of
wings, or all the hero mech would be so powerful they can destroy a
colony by only using their vulcans 8>