Thu, 26 Oct 2000 23:15:23 +0800

gundam@aeug.org wrote:

>I'm not really sure with the detail but here goes:
>
>The Devil Gundam came from the GGundam Series with a nationality of Neo-
>Japan. Developed by Domon's father, the Devil Gundam was capable of
>selfrepairing, selfreproduction, and probably evolution. It was also
>capable of assimilating living organisms where the victims usually
>became violent (the lab rats,), among those who were infected were the
>fighters of NeoTurkey, NeoEgypt, NeoEngland or was it Brit(Gentle
>Chapman), NeoItaly (Mikairo Chariot), NeoGreece, and later Urpe was
>also revealed to be infected. It was piloted by Koji Kasshu(Domon's
>elder brother) and later by Rain Mikamura(Domon's fiancee). It was
>destroyed by God Gundam's SekihatenkouKen with help from Rain.

here's what I know (a bit of patience is required to read this) :

originally, the Devil Gundam wasn't named so...and it's main use was supposedly to "help the Earth recover" and that's why the Gundam was equipped with self-healing, self-reproduction, and yes, even evolution if deemed needed. However, the military (esp. Urube), after seeing what the Gundam could do, decided to use it instead to control the Earth, maybe by entering it in the 13th Gundam Fight. Dr. Kasshu resisted, along with his wife and son Ryoji. His wife was accidentally killed in the ensuing struggle, Ryoji escaped with the Gundam and entered Earth (using only re-entry and not those dropships) because Dr. Kasshu told him to keep the Gundam away from the military's hands, and Dr. Kasshu was arrested and kept in a stasis pod presumably until the Gundam was recovered. One thing though, was that Dr. Mikamura was also present and was party with the military because of his envy towards Dr. Kasshu - Dr. Mikamura couldn't achieve what Dr. Kasshu did - in short, was less superi!
or. When Ryoji and the Gundam landed on Earth, he dicovered that the Gundam's controlling AI was damaged/corrupted, probably during the re-entry, and thus the Devil Gundam was born. Ryoji was then assimilated by the Devil Gundam. IIRC the Devil Gundam came into Neo Hong Kong's posession after Domon (using the Shining Gundam, with Schwartz Bruder's help) defeated Master Asia, and Neo Hong Kong took the Devil Gundam after Domon left the area. Neo Hong Kong (esp. Wong, its president) researched the Devil Gundam and later on they came up with the perfect combination for the Devil Gundam: make it assimilate a human being capable of reproduction (why...I dunno though, they didn't explain that too), hence assimilate a reproductively healthy female. Although Allenby was being considered at that time, as fate would have it the Devil Gundam would assimilate Rain Mikamura, thanks to Urube, and to the horror of Dr. Mikamura. The Gundam Fighters of Neo Italy, Neo Greece, Neo England,!
 Neo Egypt and Neo Turykey were also infected with the DG Cell. Domon (in the God Gundam) defeats both the Devil Gundam (killing/releasing Ryoji in the process) and Master Asia in the Championship battle of the 13th Gundam Fight. Since Domon won, Neo Japan now controls Earth, and the first thing the Neo Japan's military did was to haul the damaged Devil Gundam back to Neo Japan, under the pretense of fixing it, all the while Urube, who had learnt of that perfect combination that Wong discovered, would carry out that combination. Incidentally, since Rain at that time was in a bit of a quarrel with Domon, she went with the ship carrying the Devil Gundam, her father, and Urube. Then Urube gave an unconscious Rain for the Devil Gundam to assimilate, after a scuffle that left Dr. Mikamura mortally wounded. After Rain was assimilated, the Devil Gundam was back to new, and went on to start assimilating Neo Japan and Earth, and slagging anything that went in its way. Back on Ear!
th, Domon (without knowing the situation at Neo Japan until Dr. Mikamura sends out an SOS) is pressured by friends to go after Rain, and he does with his God Gundam inside the dropship. Wong tries to prevent Domon from doing so, but Fuunsaiki (did I spell right? - anyway, the horse that Master Asia uses) did Wong in, and Domon, now riding the horse, goes to Neo Japan. A mortally wounded Dr. Mikamura escapes Urube and sends out an SOS to Domon (when he was still back on Earth), adding one more reason to go back ASAP to Neo Japan, and then Dr. Mikamura releases Dr. Kasshu (in his stasis cell), so that Domon's friends can pick up and revive his father. A battle ensues in space and especially in Neo Japan, where the new Shuffle Union defeats a DG Cell-infected Urube. Domon then proceeds to attempt to free Rain and destroy the Devil Gundam, with no success at all. After Dr. Kasshu discovers that Domon had been, for lack of a better word, insensitive with Rain, he tells Domon !
to tell Rain what he (Domon) feels about Rain. Allenby also helps ("Newtype" projection perhaps?) in convincing Domon. Domon then does what he should (finally!!!) and tells Rain that he loves her. That broke the assimilation of the Devil Gundam to Rain, and it ejects Rain off into Domon, who catches her (one of my favorite scenes in G Gundam - Rain is HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT with that red getup), and afterwards they destroy the Devil Gundam with the SeikhaTenkyouKen (again, did I spell right?). The Devil Gundam is now dead, and everything is now back to normal, or as normal as things can get.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC the DG Cell in itself wasn't that bad, as the Devil Gundam (before it was named so) didn't show violent symptoms while still being developed by Dr. Kasshu, although it was just that a reaction of the DG Cell with living cells (especially the brain cells) made the infected subject more violent than normal.

"Psyco Haro ROCKS big time!!!"
watch out fellow Virtual On Oratorio Tangram player! here comes AJIM-boy!"
http://members.xoom.com/jravelo02