Franz Co (ms_slasher@mail.com)
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:35:18 -0400 (EDT)

------Original Message------
From: Lim Jyue <lim_jyue@pacific.net.sg>
To: gundam@aeug.org
Sent: October 26, 2000 9:25:41 AM GMT
Subject: [gundam] My Grand OYW GM Re-unification Idea... =)

*snip*

> RGM-79E was not included as I couldn't find any >worthwhile stats
for
>that GM. Anyone has any ideas?

The GM[E] probably has a T/W ratio similar to either the GM-C or GM[G]

> The point of this? Well, if the values hold up for the rest >of the
>0080 MSes, then we can readmit the poor 0080 MSes back to the
>mainstream UC
>MS. Yes, the thrust ratings given for 0080 MSes are very high >compared to
>the older 0079 and Zeta MSes, but if the mass increase is >proportional,
>there really isn't much of a performance increase.

I agree with this too. It actually also supports my version of why the
RGM-79R (RGM-179) GMII's design was a throwback to older GMs and not like
the ones fr, 0083 (other than the fact that 0083 was released later). Since
technology had advanced, they needed less parts to produce performance
similar to previous, bulkier models. Hence the GMII has higher power output
and thrust than the GM Custom.

> Just for kicks, I did the same for the Gundams, up to >CCA. The
>following table has the values.

Type Period Weight Thrust Thrust/ Notes:
(ton) (kg) Weight

RX-78-2 OYW 60.0 55,500 0.93
RX-79(G) 08MST 73.0 52,000 0.71 Land use
RX-79(G)Ez-8 08MST 71.3 52,000 0.73 Land use
RX-78NT1 0080 72.5 132,000 1.82
RX-78NT1-FA 0080 95.0 146,000 1.54
RX78-GP01 0083 65.0 108,000 1.66
RX-78GP01Fb 0083 74.0 144,000 1.95
RX-78GP02A 0083 83.0 155,200 1.87
RX-78GP03S 0083 70.0 188,000 2.69
RX-78GP03 0083 453.1 265,000 0.58
RX-178 Z 54.1 81,200 1.50 Mk. II
MSZ-006 Z 62.3 112,600 1.81 Zeta
MSZ-010 ZZ 68.4 101,000 1.48 Double Zeta
RX-93 CCA 63.0 97,800 1.55 Nu Gundam

> All the Gundams are very high-performance machines, as >benefiting
>the title MS of the series. However, what is surprising is that >the
original
>RX-78 actually has a T/W lower than a GM -- which implies a GM >could have
>out-run a Gundam!

Probaly so that the pilots could run away like hell when they realized that
they were in GMs. LOL

> Surprising thing -- Ez8 is actually lighter than a >standard 79(G).
>wonder why?

I guess that the Multi Launcher and it's ammo were quite heavy.

> The NT1 without the armour was a surprise too -- T/W >higher even
>than Zeta! -- and compares very favourably up to and including >the Nu.
>Seriously wondering how it would have fared if Amuro gotten his >mitts on
>this one. =)

> Moving on.. The GP01Fb has a tremedous T/W, but the >shocker is
that
>the GP03S has such an enormous T/W. What is that thing built to >do?

My guess is to be able to carry the orchis base even when the Orchis base
has most of it's thrusters put out.

> However, the complete GP03 had a terrible T/W -- >completely
counter
>to what we see in 0083. The GP03D shouldn't have been able to >accelerate
and
>decelerate the way it did in the show -- Kou's cheating again!

> Come to think of it.. didn't a T/W ratio of greater >than 1 means
>that the MS is capable of hovering in mid-air as long as the >fuel lasts?
>Which means most Gundams could hover in gravity, while the GMs >could only
jump.