Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 18:06:00 -0700

>The LM312V04 V Gundam is officially outmoded by the LM314V21 V2 Gundam in
>Episode 29 (titled, appropriately, "New Suit V2").

Seeing that Usso was the only one piloting the V2 while the rest of LM
stayed with their V's, I wouldn't say it's "outmoded" per se.

>In the interim, we get the LM312V06 V Gundam Hexa, originally a commander's
>version, later the first fully mass-produced Gundam in UC history.
>
>Variations that might be termed upgrades abound in this series. The
>LM312V04 V
>Gundam combines with the SD-VB03A Dash booster to form the LM312V04+SD-VB03A V
>Dash Gundam, much like the RX-178+FXA-05D Super Gundam from Z, which was
>comprised of the RX-178 Gundam Mark II and the FXA-05D G Defensor flying
>armor.

I'd categorize the V-Dash as a V-variant like the V2 Assault and V2 Buster -
after all, it's just a pair of heavy beam cannons that can be readily
discarded much like the modular equipment for the V2. When the V Gundam
seperates, the "booster" also stay attached to the upper torso instead of
forming its own seperate unit like the G-Defensor.

>Then the LM314V21 V2 Gundam gets some minor add-ons that bulk it up into the
>LM314V23 V2 Buster Gundam and LM314V24 V2 Assault Gundam.
>
>I vaguely recall seeing a grand unified V2 Assault Buster Gundam (or was it
>Buster Assault?) somewhere,

Hobby Japan's V-Gundam mook?

>but it may've been an unofficial modeling project.
>In any case, it doesn't appear in Burke's Mecha Domain, so it certainly isn't
>canonical.
>
>-Z-

Watch the last couple episodes of V Gundam... doesn't get more canonical
than that.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0