-Z- (z@gundam.com)
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:49:55 -0700

The LM312V04 V Gundam is officially outmoded by the LM314V21 V2 Gundam in
Episode 29 (titled, appropriately, "New Suit V2").

In the interim, we get the LM312V06 V Gundam Hexa, originally a commander's
version, later the first fully mass-produced Gundam in UC history.

Variations that might be termed upgrades abound in this series. The LM312V04 V
Gundam combines with the SD-VB03A Dash booster to form the LM312V04+SD-VB03A V
Dash Gundam, much like the RX-178+FXA-05D Super Gundam from Z, which was
comprised of the RX-178 Gundam Mark II and the FXA-05D G Defensor flying armor.
Then the LM314V21 V2 Gundam gets some minor add-ons that bulk it up into the
LM314V23 V2 Buster Gundam and LM314V24 V2 Assault Gundam.

I vaguely recall seeing a grand unified V2 Assault Buster Gundam (or was it
Buster Assault?) somewhere, but it may've been an unofficial modeling project.
In any case, it doesn't appear in Burke's Mecha Domain, so it certainly isn't
canonical.

-Z-