Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:36:04 -0700

>Eddie writes,
>
>>Technically it started with the original series, when the mag-coat upgrade
>>meant for the G-3 was installed on Amuro's RX-78-2 when it started to fail
>>to respond to Amuro's reflexes.
>
> Or even earlier, when the G-Parts are introduced as an upgrade for the
>Gundam.

I've always thought of it as some sort of transport for Gundam that can
provide support fire after it drops off the MS in the combat zone. Of
course, by the time the movie version came out, they ditched it for the
rather boring Core Booster...

>I guess this is in the old super-robot tradition of giving the
>title 'bot new weapons and equipment instead of replacing it in mid-
>series. (What would be the first example of the latter? Dunbine, maybe?
>Or how about Votoms, where Chirico discards his AT like a used Kleenex
>every other episode? :-)

Wonder if a MG Billbine is in the works...

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0