Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:27:09 -0700

Eddie writes,

>Technically it started with the original series, when the mag-coat upgrade
>meant for the G-3 was installed on Amuro's RX-78-2 when it started to fail
>to respond to Amuro's reflexes.

  Or even earlier, when the G-Parts are introduced as an upgrade for the
Gundam. I guess this is in the old super-robot tradition of giving the
title 'bot new weapons and equipment instead of replacing it in mid-
series. (What would be the first example of the latter? Dunbine, maybe?
Or how about Votoms, where Chirico discards his AT like a used Kleenex
every other episode? :-)

-- Mark