-Z- (z@gundam.com)
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 20:35:29 -0700

No, that's a different Greek letter entirely. Nu is the equivalent of the Latin
N, while Mu is the equivalent of the Latin M. In mathematics, Mu is used to
represent micrometers, the arithmetic mean of a population, and variance; in
physics, it's used to represent "micro-" values and permeability. I can't think
of any mathematical usage of Nu, but in physics it's used to represent frequency
or the neutrino.

With the RX-93, I think the use of the Greek letter Nu was a pun, suggesting a
"New" Gundam....

There have been a number of Greek lettered Gundams:

MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam
MSZ-010 Double Zeta Gundam
RGZ-91 ReGZ (Refined Gundam Zeta)
RX-93 Nu Gundam
RX-105 Xi Gundam (Hathaway's Flash)
         Epsy (Epsilon?) Gundam (Model Graphix)
MSA-0014 Sigma Gundam (Hobby Japan)

In addition, Gundam Sentinel speculated that the RMS-099 Rick Dias and MSN-00100
Hyaku Shiki were originally Gundam testbeds, the Gamma Gundam and Delta Gundam,
respectively.

And, of course, there was an entire line of 1:200 toys called Micro (using the
Mu) Gundam!

-Z-