RayPegoraro@oaktech.com
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 06:20:13 -0400

I got the RX-93 which I wanted:) Eventually I plan on getting all the
version of the gundam there are. I got the Sazabi just because it is a cool
design :)

Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org [mailto:owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org]On
Behalf Of -Z-
Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2000 10:56 PM
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: RE: [gundam] First Gundam Kits ever

Just a note because I see this mistake all the time, apparently being
promulgated by erroneous entries in model vendor catalogs.

The MS you refer to as the "V gundam /wff" is the RX-93 Nu Gundam with Fin
Funnels. "Nu" is a Greek letter that happens to resemble a cursive,
lowercase
"v" -- hence the confusion.

I only bring this up because, since 1994, there's been a real V Gundam line,
derived from the Mobile Suit Victory Gundam series. The V Gundams all have
model number beginning with LM (for "League Militaire") and are visibly
smaller
than the Nu Gundam (15 meters to the Nu's 22 meters and a much slimmer and
more
streamlined profile).

The Nu Gundam is from the Gundam movie Char's Counter Attack, set in UC
0093. V
Gundam is set in UC 0153, sixty years after CCA, almost an entirely
different
world.

If you order a V Gundam thinking you're going to get a Nu Gundam or vice
versa,
you're going to be very disappointed indeed.

-Z-