Mark Wilson (mmwilson2@earthlink.net)
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 5:49:35 -0400

Because the good people who write the things are constrained by any aspect
of reality. The argument "a new guy would do better than an old guy
because he doesn't know what to expect" is baloney. It is having
experience in the way something (actually many somethings) handles that
makes a test pilot valuable.

The prototype issue I think comes from this: Since MSG, has ONE Gundam
series had the main mech survive any length of time? Examples: 0083--all
new mechs by episode 8. Wing--all new mechs for the mains except SandRock
and Heavyarms by ep 24. Gundam X, new GX every 10 episodes. 08th: New
mechs practically every episode, with the EZ8 showing up in 9.

1. It keeps the show interesting

2. Bandai certainly isn't complaining!

Mark Wilson