Franz Co (ms_slasher@mail.com)
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 00:47:12 -0400 (EDT)

------Original Message------
From: "-Z-" <z@gundam.com>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: October 22, 2000 1:58:36 AM GMT
Subject: RE: [gundam] Zaku Speed (was: 1/72 Nu Gundam resin kit!!)

given.

Given that the E and it's variants were probably used only in space as the
large thrusters on it's chest would be only usefull there.

>The MS-06F Zaku II has a base weight of 58.1 tons, a full >weight of 73.3
tons,
>an acceleration of 0.59 G, and a ground speed of 88 KPH.

>The MS-06FZ Modifed Zaku II has a base weight of 56.2 tons, a >full weight
of
>74.5 tons and an acceleration of 1.07 G, and a ground speed of >103 KPH.

>The MS-06F2 Zaku II Type F2 has a base weight of 49.9 tons, a >full weight
of
>70.3 tons and an acceleration of 0.76 G. No ground speed is >given.

>The MS-06J Zaku II has a base weight of 56.2 tons, a full >weight of 74.5
tons
>and an acceleration of 0.69 G. No ground speed is given.

>The MS-06J Zaku II Ground Unit has a base weight of 56.2 tons, >a full
weight of
>70.3 tons, an acceleration of 0.65 G, and a ground speed of 85 >KPH.

Wouldn't the J types be faster beacuse of the lighter weight?

>The MS-06K Zaku Cannon has a base weight of 59.1 tons, a full >weight of
83.2
>tons, an acceleration of 0.49 G, and a ground speed of 73 KPH.

Not that the Zaku Cannon would move very mush as all I've seen of it from
the animations was it being used as a gun tower.

>The MS-06M (MSM-01) Zaku II Marine Type has a base weight of >43.3 tons, a
full
>weight of 60.8 tons, an acceleration of 1.09 G, and a water >speed of 45
knots
>(Nautical MPH).

>The MS-06R-1A Zaku II High Mobility Type has a base weight of >61.8 tons, a
full
>weight of 76.8 tons and an acceleration of 0.68 G. No ground >speed is
given.

>The MS-06R-2 Zaku II High Mobility Type has a base weight of >49.5 tons, a
full
>weight of 7.50 tons and an acceleration of 0.80 G. No ground >speed is
given.

>The MS-06R-3 Zaku II High Mobility Type has a base weight of >43.5 tons, a
full
>weight of 74.5 tons and an acceleration of 0.77 G. No ground >speed is
given.

>The MS-06RD-4 Zaku II Test Type has a base weight of 60.3 tons, >a full
weight of
>77.5 tons and an acceleration of 0.69 G. No ground speed is >given.

Then again, the RD-4 is probably more a space use suit being a test model
for the Rick-Dom.

>The MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type has a base weight of 56.5 >tons, a full
weight
>of 75.2 tons and an acceleration of 0.69 G. No ground speed is >given.

Probably as fast or faster than the F/J types. in the animation, Char
ususally leaves the other MS behind.

>And, for what it's worth, the OMS-06RF RF Zaku II (Oldsmobile >Army, circa
UC
>0120) has a base weight of 24.6 tons, a full weight of 45.8 >tons and an
>acceleration of 1.37 G. No ground speed is given.

>Now, what we really need here is the thrust-to-weight or mass >ratio. I
can't
>find one for the Zaku line, but the RMS-106 Hizack has a mass >ratio of
1.33,
>along with an acceleration of 1.09 G for a mass between 38.7 >and 59.6
tons. The
>RMS-106CS Hizack Custom pushes that to 1.22 G for a mass >between 35.6 and
60.7
>tons, but no mass ratio is given.

>It's also worth noting that an acceleration of 1 G is >equivalent to
9.80665 m/s2
>or 35.3039 km/(h.s) and that terminal velocity in Earth's >atmosphere is
about
>193.121 KPH.

>I suspect that the Zaku uses a running jump, augmented by a jet->assisted
>take-off (JATO) rocket or jump jet to get airborne and doesn't >have much
in the
>way of "hang time" thereafter.

>It's therefore my considered opinion that the Zaku II has an >average air
speed
>of 90 to 100 KPH across a span of about 100 meters.

>-Z-

It could try to do what Amuro in the Gundam did. Wait till he was about a
few meters from the ground then hit the thrusters again.