Sun, 22 Oct 2000 16:35:49 -0700

I have seen past Gainax work, and all have been marvelous. All the plots were well thought out. Their characters are always flawed and human, making them interesting. The story always starts slow and boring, only to build steadily into a staggering climax. Eva just lost all that. The plot didn't seem to go nowhere, and it seemed as if Shinji just kept on searching for nothing. He didn't mature throughout the whole series, and quite frankly, I don't think he is a good depiction of a boy his age. Nope, it just got too philosophical and ethical that Eva became boring as hell. But as an anime fan, I suggest you see Gainax's past works... They're really (as in REALLY) good.

Abet

--

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000 03:30:34 BlazeEagle wrote: > I am not famailiar with any of Gainax's works other then Eva, but from what >I've seen of it (0:1 - 0:5), Eva has this hopeless and depressing feeling >that I do not like. I constantly have this unexplainable urge to strangle >Shinji's little neck. He needs to wake up and come to grips with reality. > > He needs to get over this grudge with his Dad and say the Heck with how his >Dad feels about him and do his job as an Eva pilot and quit moaning and >mopping all the time. At least Rei actually tries to do her best, at the cost >of everything else, I.E. her body, her health, etc. Everyone in Eva needs >SERIOUS mental help. I like the mecha, though! :) No wonder Eva Unit 01 goes >berserk, it wants that moaning brat out of itself! :) > >Aaron >"Believing a sign of Zeta" > >- >Gundam Mailing List Archives are available at http://gundam.aeug.org/ >