Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 05:59:23 +0800

>"SPECIAL-ABILITY PRIVATE: ORIGINAL FOUR
>'Original Four' is a group whose paranormal abilities are confirmed by the
>Flanagan Agency, the organization founded by the doctor of the same name.
>Such abilities are said to be triggered only after living a life in space:
>auxiliary attributes such as 'empathy', 'dive' (communication ability),
>'intuition', 'forecast', 'authenticate', 'plus' (characteristics of born
good),
>'minus' (characteristics of born evil), 'complex' (stereotype or a fixed
idea).
>In some cases, more than one of these abilities, known together as 'The
Nine',
>can exist in a single person. Such people are called 'Newtypes', and can
be very
>dangerous."

interesting! this sounds like some of the more esoteric so called psychic
abilities in real life.

>Please note that, per Tomino's original presentation in First Gundam, these
>attributes are purely perceptual. There's no telekinesis, levitation,
>teleportation or manipulation of matter or energy involved.

And I thank god that there are none. For some reason, I find it hard to
swallow overt psychic abilities in Gundam.

>One interesting aspect of all this is the recurrence of the number four, with
>Lalah Sung now seemingly the fourth -- if I had to guess at the order, I'd
say
>Shalia Bull, Cuzco Al, Cranvul Carleah and Lalah Sung, in descending order of
>apparent chronological age. This would make Lalah "Flanagan #4" -- an
analogue
>of Four Murasame ("Murasame #4") in Z Gundam.
>
>-Z-

Would she have been Four if she hadn't died? I wonder...

flashlight.

url: www.localvibe.com
ofc: (632) 4167486
fax: (632) 4167479