KurenaiJiku (kurenaijiku@rtsfan.com)
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 20:58:45 -0700

>I guess, but I really feel that Gainax in Gainax was lost when Toshio
Okada retired. In Eva (I think it was Anno at the helm) everything seemed
different. for example, Gunbuster and Nadia (2 of my all-time favorites)
started slow. Eva started with a whirlwind battle (actually the best in the
entire series) then it (IMHO) started sliding from there. The plot was lost
>in allthe philosophy, and that is something Gainax never compromised
before (IMHO of course)

I don't think Eva was really comprimised. And Eva isn't really about the
action...in fact all of Gainax's creations aren't about the action...if you
watched Honiemaise (damn sp) then you would know this already. Gainax's
creations tend to carry a lot under lying definitions and concepts which
many people tend to overlook. Like Gunbuster; a very very deep (although
not evident) Anime involving several Japanese cultural references. It's
there, you just kinda have to look harder.

Kuren