Peter Savin (bawoo@shiporama.org)
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 19:59:29 -0700

>I'm actually look for info on the different resins used for recast/casting
own
>parts.
>
>Currently, I'm able to find a resin that's translucent and it's used for
the
>construction of fibre glass. Going by Peter's description, it's proably
>polyester resin. I should be looking for polyurethane resin right?

Yes, that's polyester you found. It's not too bad for small parts if you
cast carefully, but polyurethane is much better. The polyester is also
pretty thick, so doesn't flow into molds as easily as urethane (which is
usually almost water thin). I can dig up some mail order links for casting
materials, but I don't know if they'll ship oustide of the US.

Peter Savin
bawoo@shiporama.org