Peter Savin (pedro@shiporama.org)
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 12:05:48 -0700

I finally got my hands on a decent digital camera to take some model
pictures. I thought I'd post some pictures of my 1/100 Hyaku-Shiki, which I
covered in gold foil (some people were asking about the result when I
mentioned it months ago). So, here are the pictures:

http://hippiesatemysangies.whoadude.com/shiki2.jpg
http://hippiesatemysangies.whoadude.com/shiki3.jpg
http://hippiesatemysangies.whoadude.com/shiki4.jpg
http://hippiesatemysangies.whoadude.com/shiki5.jpg

The wrinkles in the foil are more obvious in the pictures than in person, I
think the model looks way cool. I'll be happy to offer tips if anyone else
wants to attempt this (it took FOREVER!). I didn't do much else to the kit,
just replaced the tubing with tubing made from slices of dead ballpoint pens
strung on wire, and rebuilt the fins on the back of the legs (which I
haven't attached yet, lazy bum). I need to find some better hands for it,
the ones that come with the kit are pretty ugly. Whaddya think?

Peter Savin
bawoo@shiporama.org