Thu, 19 Oct 2000 00:00:08 -0700

--

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 23:42:12 KurenaiJiku wrote: >lol...well Eva is something to be of a desired taste. In fact it is every >bit the Gainax style. If you noticed, Gainax's style is not to be always a >mockery of modern Anime, but is instead to be a reinterpretation or >reinvention of modern Anime. Gainax always likes to takes things of today, >and twist them to more interesting or disturbing (in this case) themes. >Eva is just that. It's something to think about; Eva that is. It's not a >simple Anime to interpret and many hate it for being something so >different. It's in fact very religious and many argue that it's not and is >a complete blasphemic perspective on the Bible and whatever religion that >it's supposed to be based on (according to Ben K). Whatever the case, Eva >is a really good Anime, it's just that it's not as entertaining as some >see. GW can be probably very entertaining (I don't know 'cause I can't >overlook the sloppiness), but it isn't a technically good Anime. There are >many many MANY holes which contribute to the concept of sloppiness, >therefore, are things I can't forget. Thinking again, I think the UC fans >(who are strictly UC fans) don't like GW due to the technical instability >of the Anime not due to the entertainment. When technical perfection >(story w/out holes) is comprimised, then they can't help but not enjoy the >story. Hence disliking whatever they're watching. Like Armaggedon for >example, entertaining movie, but man...is it very very dull in terms of >uniqueness. Almost spoon fed. > >Kuren

I guess, but I really feel that Gainax in Gainax was lost when Toshio Okada retired. In Eva (I think it was Anno at the helm) everything seemed different. for example, Gunbuster and Nadia (2 of my all-time favorites) started slow. Eva started with a whirlwind battle (actually the best in the entire series) then it (IMHO) started sliding from there. The plot was lost in allthe philosophy, and that is something Gainax never compromised before (IMHO of course)

Abet >>-- >> >>On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 21:47:44 >> KurenaiJiku wrote: >>>Ugh...I loved Eva... >>> >>Sorry man. But i was just so hurt by that series. Iloved Gainax (back in >the Toshio Okada days) EVA just sort of deviated from the old Gainax >formula (not that variation is a bad thing). The story just didn't seem to >go anywhere and when you consider just how much Anime costs in the >philippines... your heart just aches for the climax. For EVA it just didn't >come. IMO, I should've spent my money on Golden Boy... >> >>Abet >> >> >>10% cash back on all your calls through 2000 at Lycos Communications at >http://comm.lycos.com >> >>- >>Gundam Mailing List Archives are available at http://gundam.aeug.org/ >> > >- >Gundam Mailing List Archives are available at http://gundam.aeug.org/ >

10% cash back on all your calls through 2000 at Lycos Communications at http://comm.lycos.com