KurenaiJiku (kurenaijiku@rtsfan.com)
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 23:42:12 -0700

lol...well Eva is something to be of a desired taste. In fact it is every
bit the Gainax style. If you noticed, Gainax's style is not to be always a
mockery of modern Anime, but is instead to be a reinterpretation or
reinvention of modern Anime. Gainax always likes to takes things of today,
and twist them to more interesting or disturbing (in this case) themes.
Eva is just that. It's something to think about; Eva that is. It's not a
simple Anime to interpret and many hate it for being something so
different. It's in fact very religious and many argue that it's not and is
a complete blasphemic perspective on the Bible and whatever religion that
it's supposed to be based on (according to Ben K). Whatever the case, Eva
is a really good Anime, it's just that it's not as entertaining as some
see. GW can be probably very entertaining (I don't know 'cause I can't
overlook the sloppiness), but it isn't a technically good Anime. There are
many many MANY holes which contribute to the concept of sloppiness,
therefore, are things I can't forget. Thinking again, I think the UC fans
(who are strictly UC fans) don't like GW due to the technical instability
of the Anime not due to the entertainment. When technical perfection
(story w/out holes) is comprimised, then they can't help but not enjoy the
story. Hence disliking whatever they're watching. Like Armaggedon for
example, entertaining movie, but man...is it very very dull in terms of
uniqueness. Almost spoon fed.

Kuren

>--
>
>On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 21:47:44
> KurenaiJiku wrote:
>>Ugh...I loved Eva...
>>
>Sorry man. But i was just so hurt by that series. Iloved Gainax (back in
the Toshio Okada days) EVA just sort of deviated from the old Gainax
formula (not that variation is a bad thing). The story just didn't seem to
go anywhere and when you consider just how much Anime costs in the
philippines... your heart just aches for the climax. For EVA it just didn't
come. IMO, I should've spent my money on Golden Boy...