KurenaiJiku (kurenaijiku@rtsfan.com)
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 21:22:16 -0700

Ok look...I'm bashing GW because I have constructive reason. There are
those who bash it without regard to detail, but for me I am not. Mind you,
the new SW IS crap. It doesn't get any worse than the new EP1, and I think
everybody on this ML agrees with me...just ask Alfred and I bet you he
can't stop spewing off crap about it. :)

Gundam 0083 was a good Anime. Whether you hate or like Kou (which seems to
be the main focus of 0083 on this ML), he is still a realistic character.
I mean, if it was another newtype in there...don't you think he would have
had a greater historical effect on the Gundam timeline which would even
greatly effect the main storyline which involves Amuro and Char? I would
sure as hell think so...I mean, if Kou became so important a character he
would surely appear in a latter series because they would reposition him at
the front line for a more important area of space so his talents would be
used. But no, you can't make him another newtype, therefore the creators
have to make him forgettable, but not a pushover or cardboard cut out. I
think it was great that we were finally able to see a flunkie give hand at
driving a Gundam. It finally proves the dispute that not just anybody can
pilot a Gundam and expect to destroy a gazillion enemy mobile suits.
Remember as the wise men used to say; A powerful sword can make a rookie
swordsman powerful, but a more powerful swordsman wielding a powerful sword
is invincible.

Kuren