garrick lee (goner4sure@yahoo.com)
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:06:44 -0700 (PDT)

--- Daniel Beckham <danbeck@dealnews.com> wrote:
> Hey, I'm a fellow modeler. I'm looking for a good
> wash technique to go over
> Gunze Sangyo acrylic paints. I've been thinking
> about using the black or
> grey inks that Citadale paints offer, but I'm
> wondering if you've had a
> better experience with other mediums?

as someone who uses citadel paints exclusively on
gundams (i'm the only guy in existence who handpainted
his entire mg fazz...*shivers in fright at the memory
of it*)...i gotta say the only real good looking use
of inks i've had was on the warhammer miniatures
themselves. and only to provide depth and shading.
citadel ink doesn't really go well with the
"wash-and-wipe" technique of panel lines, unless you
water the ink down some more.

> My first experience was with a gundam marker, but I
> soon learned that you
> just can't do a professional job with those. heh,
> they are now relegated to
> scribing the panel lines on Gundam action figures I
> buy at my local Walmart.
> =)

gundam markers, as richie puts it, are glorified tech
pens. i'm satisfied with my tech pen uses. tech pen
actually looks more professional than the wash method,
but that's just me -- i hate the flowy runny nature of
washes. argh.

-garr