Tue, 17 Oct 2000 21:36:38 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Juan Alberto B. Mercado" <juanalberto.m@lycos.com>
wrote:

> As I said, its sad to think
> that we might never see another Amuro Rei or Char Aznable
> (if not them, at least new characters with a third
> dimension), that the new fans will remember Gundam as
> just another bishonen anime.

Ah, a most terrifying thought indeed. I can't seem to
imagine a future in which Wing comes first to mind when a
person says gundam. Wait, ...actually, I can, and I
shudder.

I don't think that's going to happen. Turn-A, G-Saviour,
For the Barrel, don't follow the GW standard of pretty boys
and overpowered mechs. but if Wing popularity shrouds this
all, then maybe it might. I personally hope it does not.

I guess now it makes one realize that this really isn't
about calling wing a gundam series. On my stand, GW is NOT
part of UC continuity, but it is a genuine gundam series. I
don't think its hard to live with that. What would be hard
to live with is if people consider GW the standard for
Gundam and not the UC timeline... :(