Tue, 17 Oct 2000 18:28:41 -0700

 What sickens me the most is that these guys put a lot of money into this without thinking about it. I mean seriously, Macross II? Its like they found a script lying around and decided "lets make a sequel!" Same goes for Escaflowne. That was a very good series, and then they write up a lousy screenplay, mix it up with all these cheesy computer graphics and name it "ESCAFLOWNE A GIRL IN GAEA". Whats wrong here? Are fans so hell bent on sequels and feature films that the companies just rush one up and release it. What happened to love of art dammit!

--

On 18 Oct 2000 00:39:56 -000 Roland Thigpen wrote: >On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:23:02 -0700 Edward Ju <gundam@loop.com> wrote: >>>In a message dated 10/17/00 12:00:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time, >>>hitokiri_darkscythe@yahoo.com writes: >>> >>>> Just face it, Bandai says its a gundam, IT >>>> IS a gundam. >>> >>>People said that about Macross II before it was banned from the continuinty >>>if I remembered correctly... >> >>It was? How so? Did it conflict with 7 or plus? >> >>Eddie > > >Macross II, as I recall, was not made by the original creators of Macross (it was another company's salute and tribute to the original), and was thus not official. Also, there was a massive outporing of fan dissatisfaction over its story. Thus, it was decided that it would not be considered official continuity, and Macross 7 was made as the official cannon sequel. Also, if you look at the timeline of it, there are problems as they state that no new VFs have been developed in so long (the period of which would conflict with the VF-11, VF-17, 19, 22, etc.). So, it is not official continuity, nor even as close as Do You Remember Love? (with its reference as the name of the movie version of the original events, and redesign of vehicles and characters to match DYRL?). > >Roland > >________________________________________________________________ >Get Email, News, Links and The Best Selection at http://AnimeNation.com > >- >Gundam Mailing List Archives are available at http://gundam.aeug.org/ >

10% cash back on all your calls through 2000 at Lycos Communications at http://comm.lycos.com